If you are familiar with our retail Shop, you know that we have many wonderful and stylish ladies on our team. Most of our ladies are retired and work mainly for the joy of it, and it shines through in the grace and care with which they treat our guests.
Eugenia Haney is one of those special ladies. Eugenia taught dance for her professional career -- or as she says, "for my whole life!" Upon retirement four years ago, she and her husband, Tom, moved from Huntington Beach to Palm Springs.
Voluntarily, Eugenia has not been working with us since March -- that's 2020 for you -- but she still pops by occasionally to spoil us with delicious goodies. Eugenia is also a great seamstress! She sews the masks that we sell at our Shop, which we make with fabulous fabric remnants from our design projects.
One of our favorite recipes of Eugenia's is her Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Rocky Road Clusters. They are absolutely delicious! Make, enjoy, and share, my friends.
These clusters are a festive and decadent treat for the Holidays, and for gifting in cheery tins or decorative boxes.
2 - 10 oz. bags Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1 - 8 oz. bag Heath English Toffee Bits
1 - 12 oz. can Planter’s Cocktail Peanuts
3 cups Mini Marshmallows
1. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper or waxed paper.
2. In a double boiler, melt chocolate until smooth, stirring often.
3. While chocolate is melting, combine marshmallows, peanuts and toffee in a large bowl.
4. Fold melted chocolate into dry ingredients making sure to coat all ingredients.
5. Drop candy by rounded tablespoonful onto baking sheet.
6. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 30 minutes.
7. Store in airtight container.
8. You can make the clusters smaller or larger depending on your preference. Makes 3 to 4oz. clusters.
CK Tip: we happen to prefer them a little chilled, so we keep them in the refrigerator.
Sending you glad tidings and sweet thoughts from Palm Springs! xoCK